The Benefits and types of Professional Teeth Cleanings
Once you are in our dentist office, our dentist will perform a comprehensive examination to determine the current state of your teeth and gums. Our dentist will also review your dental records if any, as well as monitor your progress. Then they will recommend which type of professional teeth cleaning is ideal for you.
Professional Teeth Cleanings
There are different types of teeth cleanings. When you visit our dental office, your dentist will perform a regular cleaning to eliminate the tartar and plaque buildup. However, you might need an additional or alternate cleaning depending on your current oral health. After your examination, your dentist will determine which method is better for you.
Below are the different types of teeth cleanings we offer:
- Regular Cleaning: A regular cleaning consists of our dentist eliminating stains, tartar, and plaque from your teeth. For patients with gum health issues, your dentist may recommend frequent visits for teeth cleaning.
- Full Mouth Debridement: Your dentist will recommend this teeth cleaning procedure if regular teeth cleaning will not work in your case. Full mouth debridement eliminates hard tartar and plaque from your teeth and gums.
- Deep Cleaning: Our dentist will suggest deep cleanings if you have symptoms such as the buildup of tartar, plaque under the gums, bleeding gums, sensitive gums, deep gum pockets and such. Your dentist uses tools that properly target these dental issues.
- Periodontal Maintenance: Your dentist will recommend periodontal maintenance after you have undergone treatment such as deep cleaning. Continuing maintenance on your oral health is essential, as recurrences of gum disease or plaque can occur. Additionally, periodontal care removes tartar and plaque from below and above the gum line, deep cleans your teeth, and is followed up by teeth polishing.
What You Obtain from Professional Teeth Cleanings
Teeth cleaning is vital for your overall oral health. Some advantages of our teeth cleanings are as follows:
- Brighter Teeth: Discolored teeth are commonly caused by smoking, wine, tea, coffee, etc. However, these stains can be prevented or reduced with the help of routine teeth cleanings.
- Tooth Loss Prevention: When gum disease spreads, due to plaque, it may damage the bone support in the jaw. Resulting in loose teeth and gradually results in tooth loss. Therefore, this is one of the many reasons why regular teeth cleanings are beneficial for your oral health.
- Cavity Prevention: Plaque is one of the several reasons for tooth decay. If plaque is not removed regularly, the build-up could result in cavities and deterioration of the enamel.
- Better Health: Numerous studies have determined a link between overall health and oral health. Regular teeth cleanings performed by our dentist can result in better overall wellness.
- Fresh Breath: Professional cleanings, as we already know, help in maintaining your oral health. Good oral hygiene means fresh breath and a beautiful smile.
Schedule Your Routine Dental Cleanings
Depending on the current state of your oral health, our dentist will determine how frequently you should schedule an appointment for professional teeth cleaning.
Visit our office Crosswater Dental Care in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, we provide professional teeth cleaning services.To schedule an appointment, contact our dental office at . Your smile is our business!